Helena, Montana, USA
September 15, 2023
Founded in 1904 to represent Montana bankers, the Montana Bankers Association (MBA) is a statewide trade association located in Helena, MT. The membership includes community, regional and national banks with branches throughout the state.
As the leading voice of Montana’s banking industry, the MBA represents the interests of banks through state, and federal legislative and regulatory activities, legal action, communications, research and education. The MBA sponsors a wide variety of seminars, conferences, banking schools and programs that enhance the ability of member banks to provide financial services to their communities.
BANCSERVE, Inc. is a wholly owned for-profit subsidiary of MBA that provides member banks a variety of products and services, including property and casualty insurance, and discounted access to checks, bank forms, office supplies and equipment, regulatory compliance service, and marketing services.
MBA Mission: Enriching the lives of all Montanans through strong community-focused banks.
Do you enjoy a fast-paced, ever-changing environment where prioritizing is the norm? Are you proactive and forward-thinking? Do you take pride in your work? Are you a natural communicator and collaborative problem solver?
If you answered ‘yes’ to these questions, you may be interested in applying for the Communications & Marketing Director position with the Montana Bankers Association (MBA). The MBA is the premier trade association for banks in Montana. We are seeking a Marketing and Communications Director, who will plan and execute the association’s marketing and communications efforts under the direction of the President/CEO. This position is a full-time position located in Helena, Montana.
• Create and assemble content for banking-related publications (magazine, Banker Bulletin, etc.).
• Manage the association website and social media presence.
• Prepare and disseminate marketing materials for events, education, and products.
• Administer MBA associate member program, including solicitation of new members.
• Sell and coordinate advertising for MBA publications.
• Coordinate convention exhibitors, advertising, and sponsorships.
• Assist with developing membership recruitment and retention collateral.
• Assist with planning and management of MBA events.
• Oversee nominations for and administer bank and association awards.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors/Associates degree or equivalent experience with strong skills in marketing,
communications, graphic design, or journalism.
• Exemplary organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Knowledge of social media platforms.
• Web design experience.
• Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
• Self-starter with the ability to manage time and prioritize activities.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced multidisciplinary team environment.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Experience with content management systems/database management.
• Ability to work well independently and troubleshoot and resolve issues independently.
• Creative thinker, innovator, and problem solver.
• Team player with cooperative spirit and willingness to do what is necessary to get the job done.
• Ability to travel with overnight stays.
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
• Salary range $55,000 - $65,000
• Health, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance
• 401K plan
• Paid holidays
• Vacation and wellness time
Please email resume, references, and cover letter to Sam Sill, Montana Bankers Association President/CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled. A confirmation email will be sent to you indicating receipt of your application.